No company can afford either the financial or emotional cost of ignoring this issue
Driver Safety Australia has developed a range of programs that can be tailored to your company’s needs, drivers are initially assessed before a relevant and targeted training program is designed to suit your budget and requirements.
No company can afford either the financial or emotional cost of ignoring this issue and not having a relevant education program in place that in the long term will develop a road safety culture.
With this in mind we have outlined an option that Driver Safety Australia would recommend which will assist in achieving your companies desired outcomes and objectives, the aim of the program is to provide a hierarchical approach to work related road safety and contribute to the ongoing professional development requirements of your company fleet and employees. It is also structured to provide a uniform and cost effective road safety training program to drivers across your company, this will help to establish a core set of fleet safety principles that will compliment your company’s corporate values as well as a set out a best practice framework.
The program will establish a standard for the organization and provide a set of competency grading benchmarks to facilitate individual driver assessment.
Driver Safety Australia to risk assess all drivers and nominated personnel.
Each driver will be risk assessed in 4 (four) critical competencies and be rated in one of the following categories, this assessment will also qualify the licence status of each participant.
- High Risk
- Medium Risk
- Low Risk
A jointly agreed training program will be aligned to each rating, for example
- High Risk Drivers – Must attend a face on face session with a qualified instructor, this will identify the areas the driver is at risk and targeted measures will be implemented to coach and improve.
- Medium Risk Drivers – Must attend a classroom training session
- Low Risk Drivers – Complete a Fleetsafety 101 Online refresher course
- Targeted and relevant training
- Cost effective
- Limited downtime
- Potential Insurance benefits
- Safer staff
- Culture changing
- Team building
- Reduced vehicle maintenance costs
- Fuel Savings
- Potential improved vehicle resale values