EDUCATIONAL APPROACH TO ROAD RELATED SAFETY AND CONTRIBUTION TO THE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OF BUS DRIVERS
Community Bus Driver Training provides an approach to work related road safety and contributes to the professional development of the school’s bus drivers.
The workshop is designed to provide an overview on a number of higher order skills as well as insight training and its application to general road use and vehicle operation.
* Applying road safety strategies and understanding work related road safety
* Safer interaction with other road users
* Understanding human factors
* Vision, perception and pro-active driving technique
* Awareness of factors to reduce road harm
* Factors that impact human performance
* Recognizing motor vehicle road crash risks
* Managing various on-road scenarios
* Application of biomechanics, situational awareness and higher order skills
* General group discussions regarding on-road experience